The title pretty much says it all.

I don’t think in all of the 15 years of travel I have ever had the trip like I’m on now.  I’m honestly to tired to share a lot but suffice it to say it started in Kansas City with a delayed flight which caused me to miss my connection in Chicago which rerouted me to Hyderabad instead of Delhi and somehow my suitcase stayed in Chicago.

Once in India, thankfully I had a carry on with a change of clothes, I was able to make a quick connection to fly to the capital city of Bhubaneshwar and grab a hotel for about 5 hours till my train left.  I finally arrived at my destination 6 hours later and was happy to be there.

Following day I opened 5 new bore wells and got to spend much of the day on a motorbike which was a lot of fun then came the word that the following day a strike was to be called which essentially would shut down the trains, roads, shops and banks. That’s code for get out of town ASAP, so that’s what I did.  Cut my visit short a day and an 8 hour drive later I was back in the capital city of Odisha waiting for an early morning taxi ride to the airport to get out of Dodge.  The strike started officially at 8am but as I was leaving the hotel at 7:30 I learned people were already filling the streets and blocking traffic.

Made it safely to Hyderabad only to discover still no suitcase though I was told it made it to Delhi.  Why?  They know I am in Hyderabad and yet I guess it wanted to visit Delhi first.  Maybe tonight it will come but with my history, maybe not.

Once I arrived in Hyderabad I called my engineer to arrange for my final 3 days of travel in the state of Telangana only to discover he is sick and in bed.  I’ve spent the last 3 hours trying to arrange my schedule with this new wrench and still nothing.  My voice is shot, having issues with Air India and their call center and website and now I’m starting to get hungry and wish I had a cold Coke, a massage appointment and my swimsuit because the pool here at the hotel next to the airport is really pretty cool.  But none of these things are possible, just dinner down in the coffee shop and hopefully good sleep without jet lag.

So much more has happened which I’m not sharing cause I just don’t have the energy nor do I want to write a book so I’ll end with saying the day may be coming to a close here and I’m ready for bed and the buffet in the morning.  Maybe tomorrow I’ll figure out what I’m doing the final 4 days of my time and I’ll somehow see the remaining projects.

One can only believe!